Monday, April 21, 2008

Cool Fundraiser

Last Saturday I went to an adoption fundraiser at Gwen's house and met a wonderful group of ladies. Everyone there had either already adopted or were at least further into the process than I am. The way this fundraiser worked was really quite simple. The hostesses provide all the refreshments and a movie (which we never got around to watching). All I did was bring $10 and enjoy the great company. Most of these ladies, like myself, already had biological children when they decided to adopt. I'm really looking forward to learning more from them.

The fundraiser was for Katie Jo and raised $160. Way to go, girls! I hear she has 9 other Girls Night Out parties scheduled just like this one. Their goal is $1,000. I'm definitely going to have to try out this fundraiser. Lots of fun.

Speaking of fundraisers, I'm looking into pizza cards. Has anyone tried this one? Does it work well?

2 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

make that $180.00...i got 2 checks in the mail today ... i had a blast also and so glad to put face to a name ... i think we may do another one next month in your honor ... will let you know ... have you checked your local Applebee's restaurant ... i know they do fundraising brunches ... have i told you that before ??? talk to you soon ...

KT said...

I think that the pizza thing is good, except...you can get coupons for free in the mail for the same price as the coupon card. This information was talked about on a fundraising yahoo group.
here is my email
kthollis@comcast.net
Hope you are well.