Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Small Step; Another Big Plan

Our dossier is out of translation and should be registered by the end of the month. Because of various summer complications and temperatures over 100, we have not had the kamikaze yard sale season we thought we would have. Perhaps we will be able to have Saturday sales until Thanksgiving or something like that.

We are working on our application with Both Hands for a major fundraiser this fall. If I haven't told you how it works, here's the condensed version. We put together a team who sends out letters asking people to sponsor them. BUT, instead of sponsoring them in a race or walk or something like that, they will be spending one Saturday working on a widow's house. That's why it is called Both Hands. In one project, one hand helps the widow while the other helps the orphan. Our first problem is that we don't know a widow that needs this help. If you know of one in our area who would be willing to help us by letting us help her, PLEASE let us know.

The second issue is that we are supposed to have a foreman to oversee all of the projects. We don't have this either. So, if you can help or recommend someone...... you get the picture.

School is now underway. Tim has finished his first full week with students. The boys and I have finished two weeks. So far, so good.

To those of you who have asked about our adoption progress, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You don't know what an encouragement it is for you to simply ask how it is going...and then stand there politely while I give you an update that is a little too long. Thanks for letting me vent.

2 comments:

Mama Fish said...

Just wanted to say Hi! I know what a random comment, but I was searching on tips for FBI fingerprints because mine were rejected TWICE as illegible. Then I saw you had things apostilled in Nashville. I know it well William Snodgrass building... a long drive for us. Interesting about your kids, mine were allowed in the building two years ago, but this past May my husband watched them when I took my stack of documents. I wonder what I would have done if it was just me and them. I would have said.. "Sorry, they're coming with me." LOL! We are also using Lifesong for fundraising, but just their straight fundraising not Both Hands. We leave this weekend to meet a referral in Russia. You can check out our blog here... www.thefabulousfishbowl.com
Jackie

Amber said...

Hi Libby,

Thank you for sharing with me on my blog today. Your words mean a lot to me. I know what you are meaning about the strange looks to you for going from teacher to teacher..I mean how does that make any sense;)(sarcasm)
Praying your adoption is a great time for your family to see God's handiwork!
Be Blessed.