Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Stand Corrected

I stand corrected.  Apparently, the fingerprints did NOT go well.  I got a letter today from USCIS that they were unable to read my prints, and I will have to do it again.  Really?  Are you kidding me?  The computer said "accepted" or "rejected" as we took each print.  What is the point of doing them until they all say "accepted" while I'm standing there, if they are only going to wait two weeks and make me go back?

The lady and computer in Nashville thought they were fine....

Why can't you use the ones taken locally in July for our home study?  I believe they went to the SAME place.

Why can't you use the ones you took 18 months ago?  They don't REALLY expire, you know.  Fingerprints are fingerprints!

I bet there are people in prison who have not been fingerprinted as many times as I have.  Next week will make #8.

(Deep breath.  Let it out...)    : o

Lord, what do you want to teach me?  This has not been an easy process...I didn't expect it to be.  But I wasn't expecting blatant aggravation--feels almost like harassment at times.  Through Your strength, we WILL persevere.  We will not give up on our girls.  Please show Yourself in this process--despite the process.  May You receive all the glory and honor for completing this adoption.  For we cannot do this alone but through YOUR power and YOUR provision.  We are Your instruments...Your vessels.   May we truly be Your hands and feet.  Bless our family -- bless those who help us along the way.  Amen.

1 comment:

Viviane said...

Some of the independent providers now offer something called a fingerprint vault where, for an additional fee, they will store your electronic prints. Then the next time you need them checked by the FBI, you can just call and have the stored prints sent over again for another clearance. Not sure if this is an option where you live, but we have it here in OH. Might be worth checking into.