Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Back on Track (One Year Later)

Finally, we have our immigration papers updated.  Last time I posted (I know, it's been awhile), I was about to head back to Nashville for yet another set of fingerprints.  Good or bad, USCIS only makes you re-do them once.  So if they were bad again, it really didn't matter.

Since then, we went back for the fingerprints, got our I-797C (immigration approval), printed off another document saying that the I-797C is "True and Accurate", had that notarized, and had the notarization certified.  Today, we made the trip back to Nashville to have the certification of the notarization apostilled by the secretary of state.  Are you following?  The US government issued the I-797C themselves; you'd think that would be official enough.  Oh well, I'm learning to just jump through the hoops.

Tomorrow, I make sure I have scanned all parts of this document before mailing it to our agency so they can send it to Bulgaria.  Then I will email scanned copies to both of our agencies, and begin focusing again on fundraising.  Has anyone done any fundraising near Christmas?  My gut instinct is that it is a bad time of year to ask for donations.  After all everyone else is also asking, and there are Christmas presents to buy, etc.  I know folks are supposed to feel more giving at this time, but still.

I guess this all means we are back on track -- through with updating and back to waiting.  By the way, today marks the 1 year anniversary of our being officially registered in Bulgaria.  Maybe we are getting close to a referral.  At least we are a year closer!  LOL  My thoughts bounce around from being excited to feeling not ready; I'm scared to go, but I want the process behind me.

Just in case I don't post again before Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season.

  • Enjoy your family.  
  • Don't rush through the holidays.
  • Make memories.
  • Start a new tradition.
  • Focus more on others than on yourself.
  • Remember it truly is better to give than to receive.
  • And remember that it isn't about the gifts we exchange but about the Gift we were given over 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ was born.  (If you don't know Him personally, accept His gift this year above all others.)

1 comment:

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

A Pampered Chef catalog show or house show would be great right now for people needing Christmas gifts still. Maybe you could throw something together real quick, especially if it is online/catalog. Talk up the Just Love Coffee. We bought Christmas gifts for 4 family members. Can't go wrong with coffee typically.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are moving. Keep us in the loop.