Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let's Go Shopping

How many of you LOVE to shop?  Shop 'til you drop?  Retail therapy?  It's a girl thing, right?  Not necessarily.  I hate shopping.  Oh, I like buying new things and having new stuff (especially technology gadgets), but I don't enjoy the shopping.

Knowing that most normal people enjoy shopping, I thought I'd set up a way for others to shop for M and V.  Call it a fundraiser if you want.  Or even call it the adoption equivalent of a baby shower.  I went to Walmart's website and set up a registry.  (You can go here.)  It is in my name (since I can't use theirs), and the occasion is simply "Special Occasion" (because they didn't have "adoption" as a choice).  The list of items includes things like beds for the boys' room, a ceiling fan for them since they will all be sleeping near the ceiling, storage and bedding for V's room, underwear, socks, jeans, shoes, pajamas, etc.   I didn't register for many clothes because Walmart either didn't have what I liked or wouldn't let me put it on a registry.  But they did let me leave an option for Walmart gift cards.  Now I realize that a bed is a little expensive for most individuals.  But you can either go in on a gift with a few others, or just do the gift cards.  We will put them together for the big items.

So let's go shopping!!!!

No comments: